- From the TdhCad.com downloads page, click on the version you wish to download, TdhCad_win or TdhCad_linux. A google docs page will be displayed.
- Click on the the file name, TdhCad_win.zip or TdhCad_linux64.zip. A different google docs page will be displayed listing the contents of the zip file. Do not attempt to execute the setup or install file at this point.
- Go to the directory where the downloaded zip file was placed.
- Double click on the file to open your archive manager.
For MS Windows:
- Extract the Setup file to the directory of your choice.
- Double click on the Setup file to begin the install process.
- The operating system and any virus protection software may give ominous warnings about running executable files, that is how they protect and justify themselves. If a message appears saying windows prevented an unrecognized app from starting, click on the "more info" text and then click "run anyway".
- Extract the zip file to the directory of your choice. Open the ReadMe.pdf file and follow the instructions.
- If you have a previous version, extract to the same directory (user data will not be lost).
- If the program does not start, you may need to add some standard libraries. In a terminal session, enter “sudo apt-get install libwxgtk3.0-0”.